SIGN IN or REGISTER
USERNAME or EMAIL
PASSWORD

FORGOT YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD?
In order to view this page you need JavaScript and Flash Player 9+ support!

Photo

2014 NHL Playoffs

• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#1 LastRatStanding

LastRatStanding

1st Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts
  • LocationStuart, Florida

Posted 12 April 2014 - 08:36 AM

First let me say that with only Montreal representing Canada in the playoffs, it is the least amount of Canadian playoff teams since 1973. Anyway moving on.

I would like for us to share our opinions and comments about the playoffs. Even if we're not in it, I enjoy talking to all of you and would like to continue even if the Panthers season is over. With that being said, lets share who we''re gonna root for.

1. Dallas (Second favorite team)

2. Anaheim

3. Tampa... for two reasons, I still have to support a Florida team, and I would love for them to destroy Montreal. And watch some arrogant Montreal fans become bitter about losing to a Florida team

4. Columbus- Feel good story of the east.

5. Minnesota/St. Louis/Colorado/San Jose.- Don't mind these teams, will root for them over Chicago, Pittsburgh, Boston, Phily, Rangers... ANY DAY!

Looking forward to still talking hockey with everyone after seasons end.  :)

"Last Rat Standing."- James Bond- Skyfall.

#2 moose-1

moose-1

Perennial All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,682 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:36 AM

As everyone knows, I'm a Blackhawks fan also. So I will be rooting for the

Chicago Blackhawks in the West and Columbus in the East.

#3 mperoni101

mperoni101

Perennial All-Star

• Members
  • 2,563 posts
  • LocationDelray Beach

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:20 AM

And i am primarily a Rangers fan, so i'll be rooting for them, obviously! 

But, i think this is an interesting season. The West has amazing teams and any one of them could make the Finals. Anaheim, SJ, Colorado, St. Louis, Chicago…….and even though they have been least impressive i'm not ruling out LA either. When they won the Cup they entered the playoffs as an 8th placed team.

Boston should be able to cruise throughout the playoffs and make the Finals. The Penguins i am not too sure about. It's always a 50/50 with them. Either they mean business or they just get by and then get eliminated, to which i would say that if it happens again they ought to fire Bylsma. 

Tampa Bay and Montreal will put up a strong display for sure. Detroit is a team built for playoff hockey, so it wouldn't surprise me to see them go deep. The Rangers are one of the toughest teams to beat. Solid defense, great goalie, and offensively capable on all four lines. 

I think this is going to be a spectacular year for 2014. Great playoffs. Good draft and one off-season that should be filled with surprising moves in terms of transactions. 

Posted Image

#4 LastRatStanding

LastRatStanding

1st Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 10:42 AM

I'm more of a new NHL person. So I'll watch and root for two sunbelt teams over Chicago, New York, no offense moose and mperoni.

#5 CMoran

CMoran

1st Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • LocationTamarac, Fl

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:27 PM

I'm originally from Tampa... G/F's family is from Chicago, this could get interesting.

I'm ready watch the Canadians have to relive their Latvian Nightmare in net from the Olympics! Kristers Gudlevskis ,55/57 with crap in front of him against Canada's Best.

Ah, a fellow chucker eh?

"We are the true believers!"

#6 mperoni101

mperoni101

Perennial All-Star

• Members
  • 2,563 posts
  • LocationDelray Beach

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:42 PM

I'm more of a new NHL person. So I'll watch and root for two sunbelt teams over Chicago, New York, no offense moose and mperoni.

None at all! I love the playoffs even when my team gets beat. I love rooting for a team to win. It's great. 

Posted Image

#7 LastRatStanding

LastRatStanding

1st Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 02:45 PM

When I got back from deployment in 2008, it was the last time Dallas was in the playoffs. My roommate and I went to Dallas for game 4 of the Dallas-Anaheim series and Dallas won, then we went back out for game six and watch Dallas win the series and it was insane in that city. So after that I've always had a soft spot for the stars

#8 moose-1

moose-1

Perennial All-Star

• Members
  • 4,682 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 12 April 2014 - 02:59 PM

No problem here, CatsEatRats88, Chicago has been my team for over 45 yrs. I seen no playoff

hockey more then I care too. Panthers will get there real soon I truly believe that. Hopefully starting next yr.

I have a good friend that is a L A Kings draft pick, now playing for the Manchester Monarchs in the AHL.

Nic Dowd, is his name. So the Kings are also a team I keep a eye on.

#9 pinkpanthers

pinkpanthers

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,081 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 04:14 PM

for me I always go for the panthers first,so like most of us I need another team to root for in the playoffs.I live in Canada but don't cheer for any city up here just because im canadien,-there are plenty of canadiens on every team!This never even enters my mind during playoffs!

I always like going for the under dogs and a team who hasn't won it ever or in a long time.That said im rooting for--

1-st Louis,who never won it yet n is probably one of the oldest droughts in the nhl.If im not mistaken without googling it-I think their team was brought in the same time as pitts,philly n the Oakland seals n minnesota in the late 60,s.i think 68-69!(I rember watching these teams playing montreal  on an old black n white floor model tv. as a kid)

2-the sharks-a good team for the last 4-5 years-no cups

3-colomus in the east-no cups

4-the wild-same reason-was always a north star fan in the old days!

if all these teams go out-I go for who ever didn't win it the longest.

hopefully next year we can all cheer for our panthers-have a great playoff season n summer-see you guys during the draft!

#10 ebulldog

ebulldog

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 09:59 PM

I think all the match ups will be great to watch. I am taking San Jose from the West with Boston from the East with Boston taking the Cup. They are just a nasty team in every phase of the game and can play any way you want, tough hitting physical game or a fast back and forth game. Should be great watching. 

#11 degarmo

degarmo

Perennial All-Star

• Members
  • 3,159 posts
  • LocationCoconut Grove

Posted 13 April 2014 - 04:48 PM

I'm rooting for a bunch of upsets and some great playoff hockey.  I surmise that I will be rooting for Columbus and Minnesota, but there are a lot of other teams out west I like.

#12 FloridaDynamic

FloridaDynamic

Draft Pick

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 09:38 PM

I will be cheering for Datsyuk and the Red Wings. I would love to see them defeat Boston in 1st round.

#13 LastRatStanding

LastRatStanding

1st Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:58 AM

So all three teams I want to see win all lost last night.

Tampa didn't really show up, they were outplayed by Montreal, they were lucky to get it to OT. But even with Tampa's strong fan base, there were still a ton of Habs fans I saw on tv at the game

I really hoped Columbus would have protected that lead. Brobrovsky is better than that, he let in some softies. But Pittsburgh has the experience that Columbus lacks.

I didn't stay up for the Stars-Anaheim game. Usually up for work pretty early, saw that Anaheim won 4-3.

#14 CMoran

CMoran

1st Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 975 posts
  • LocationTamarac, Fl

Posted 17 April 2014 - 07:47 AM

Well at least Weaver and Goc won even though I'm not pulling for their teams.
Ah, a fellow chucker eh?

"We are the true believers!"

#15 ebulldog

ebulldog

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 11:26 AM

So all three teams I want to see win all lost last night.

Tampa didn't really show up, they were outplayed by Montreal, they were lucky to get it to OT. But even with Tampa's strong fan base, there were still a ton of Habs fans I saw on tv at the game

I really hoped Columbus would have protected that lead. Brobrovsky is better than that, he let in some softies. But Pittsburgh has the experience that Columbus lacks.

I didn't stay up for the Stars-Anaheim game. Usually up for work pretty early, saw that Anaheim won 4-3.

I was shocked by how many Montreal fans were there. I had to wait till the camera hit center ice to see the Tampa logo.

The Ducks were killing the Stars and they let them back in. It was 4-0 at one point.

I cant wait for the Boston/Wings series, that should be great. 

#16 mperoni101

mperoni101

Perennial All-Star

• Members
  • 2,563 posts
  • LocationDelray Beach

Posted 18 April 2014 - 12:01 AM

Awesome games tonight. Just so awesome!

Posted Image

#17 gstclairinc

gstclairinc

1st Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • LocationCape Coral

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:42 AM

Have to root for Tampa, but here's my picks-

Boston rolls through the east, and takes out Detroit in 5 games. No one else comes close.

St.louis takes out the Hawks in the 1st round, but the Avalanche take the West. Boston beats the Avs in 6

#18 moose-1

moose-1

Perennial All-Star

• Members
  • 4,682 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 18 April 2014 - 08:59 AM

What can I say about last nights games, but, WOW!!!!!!

Yes I know St. Louis beat the Blackhawks in 3OT 4-3

If I have to lose what a way. Both teams played their hearts out.

Colorado beat Minnesota in OT 5-4, again, what a game. Could

not of ask for a better game.

New York Rangers beats the Phil. Flyers 4-1

S.J. Sharks beat the L.A. Kings  6-3

Now that game surprised me.

If all the games are like these, then we are in for a real treat for the

rest of the playoffs

#19 LastRatStanding

LastRatStanding

1st Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 18 April 2014 - 10:55 AM

Have to root for Tampa, but here's my picks-

Boston rolls through the east, and takes out Detroit in 5 games. No one else comes close.

St.louis takes out the Hawks in the 1st round, but the Avalanche take the West. Boston beats the Avs in 6

I can't see the Avalanche taking the west. I see Anaheim playing Boston in the cup.

#20 mperoni101

mperoni101

Perennial All-Star

• Members
  • 2,563 posts
  • LocationDelray Beach

Posted 18 April 2014 - 11:55 PM

Detroit surprised me tonight, and Datsyuk stunned me tonight. Wow. Just a 1-0 game but it was fantastic. 

I'm going for Montreal here. Sorry TB….i like out Floridian team, not yours.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Website Footer

Floridapanthers.com is the official Web site of the Florida Panthers. Florida Panthers and floridapanthers.com are trademarks of Sunrise Sports & Entertainment.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2010 Sunrise Sports & Entertainment and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.

Roster   |   Schedule   |   Recent news   |   Season Seat Plans   |   Pillar Partners   |   Corporate Sponsors

Contact Us  |   Privacy Policy  |   Usage Guidelines  |  NHL.com Terms of Use
  |  Site Map