SIGN IN or REGISTER
USERNAME or EMAIL
PASSWORD

FORGOT YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD?
In order to view this page you need JavaScript and Flash Player 9+ support!

Photo

[Trade] Ellerby to LA.

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 zmike1981z

zmike1981z

1st Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts
  • Locationsunrise, florida

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:41 PM

i agree, this trade was a bad move at the time, and with the season filled with injuries, the panthers made a stupid move.  Now even more injuries,Ellerby would have been much more useful then Yonkman and whatever other young or useless guys that come up.  it's not like they got a great deal for him, why not keep him to closer to the trade deadline or when Jovo is ready to come back?  Stupid move...very stupid.

BTW I ddint really like ellerby when he was here, but he looked much better the last 3 or 4 games he was in playing with Strachan.  

#22 degarmo

degarmo

Perennial All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,143 posts
  • LocationCoconut Grove

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:10 AM

Ellerby wasn't getting it here.  He was a turnover factory and constantly out of position.  He did some nice things on the offensive side, but he needed to be moved.  There's no way for the GM to predict this amount of injuries, and I think Ellerby needed out of Florida.  I don't think he's a terribly good defnseman.  He's also not doing much of anything in LA.  I believe he has 1 point in 13 games.  On the positive side, he's a +3 though.

#23 mperoni101

mperoni101

Perennial All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationDelray Beach

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:18 PM

Ellerby would have made no difference here other than being better than Yonkman. But, it's not like he would have helped us to win a game.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Website Footer

Floridapanthers.com is the official Web site of the Florida Panthers. Florida Panthers and floridapanthers.com are trademarks of Sunrise Sports & Entertainment.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2010 Sunrise Sports & Entertainment and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.

Roster   |   Schedule   |   Recent news   |   Season Seat Plans   |   Pillar Partners   |   Corporate Sponsors

Contact Us  |   Privacy Policy  |   Usage Guidelines  |  NHL.com Terms of Use
  |  Site Map