SIGN IN or REGISTER
USERNAME or EMAIL
PASSWORD

FORGOT YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD?
In order to view this page you need JavaScript and Flash Player 9+ support!

Photo

FLORIDA PANTHERS VS PHILADELPHIA FLYERS

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

#1 PanthersFanAlways

PanthersFanAlways

1st Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • LocationWhere All Are One

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:46 PM

FLORIDA PANTHERS
VS
PHILADELPHIA FLYERS

THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 7TH AT 7:00PM EST

Season series: This is the second of three meetings between the teams. On Jan. 26, Matt Read had a hat trick as Philadelphia won 7-1 in Florida.

Big story: Can the Philadelphia Flyers build on their strong effort Tuesday, a 2-1 win against the Tampa Bay Lightning?

Can the Florida Panthers continue their recent improved play during their first extended road trip of the season? They started this four-game trip Sunday at the Buffalo Sabres with a 4-3 win before losing to the Winnipeg Jets 3-2 in overtime Tuesday.

Team scope:

Panthers: After a 1-5-0 start, the Panthers look to have at least started to right the ship, with at least a point in three straight games (2-0-1). However, coach Kevin Dineen wasn't necessarily happy with his team's play in Tuesday's loss.

"We're not satisfied," Dineen said. "We felt we could have gotten the two points in here. We did a lot of good things, but fatigue played a little bit into a few mistakes that happened, specifically on that [Bryan Little overtime power-play] goal."

As the quarter-mark of the season approaches and the Panthers find themselves 13th in the Eastern Conference after Tuesday's games, Dineen knows each game grows in importance.

"I think we all -- coaches and players across the League -- are a priority on every single game," he said.

Flyers: Tuesday's defeat of the Lightning was their second straight win, and facing a Panthers team they handled easily less than two weeks ago, the Flyers are looking to start stringing some together. Helping that cause could be the return of forward Wayne Simmonds.

Simmonds hasn't played since sustaining a concussion Feb. 1 against the Washington Capitals when defenseman John Erskine elbowed him in the head. Simmonds skated with the team for the first time since then Tuesday, wearing a yellow (non-contact) jersey.

"It felt pretty good," he said after the practice. "I think everything went pretty well today. Just have to see what happens."

Simmonds said he wasn't sure if he would be able to play Thursday, that was up to the team's medical staff. However, teammates were happy to see Simmonds back.

"He was skating well," captain Claude Giroux said. "Not sure how he's feeling right now [but] he was looking good. That's good to see."

TIME FOR THIS CAT TO POUNCE!

Posted Image

#2 degarmo

degarmo

Perennial All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts
  • LocationCoconut Grove

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:58 AM

We've got three points already on this road swing. We have to get one more and it's successful. A win in the next two gives us five and we've over our road quota, a point per road game.

Let's take it to the Flyers while they're down.

GO CATS GO!!

#3 GermanPanther

GermanPanther

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts
  • Locationmunich, Germany

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:35 AM

We've got three points already on this road swing. We have to get one more and it's successful. A win in the next two gives us five and we've over our road quota, a point per road game.

Let's take it to the Flyers while they're down.

GO CATS GO!!

On this road trip with today i give us 5-6. When we could grap one point in Phili this will be more i expected. So Gudbranson should come back on Thursday, latest against Washington.

But that we beat the Flyers in there Home, i can´t see or believe it. There are at the moment on a different LvL. The Philadelphia Flyers have also there up and downs, i think no winning streak longer then 3 games. No matter if Simmons are playing or not, it will be really hard, I only await a hard battle from our Team and enjoy to see our youngsters to play. Maybe this match we could see, Shores first goal. :D Not only assists after good battles or nice skating skills.

Southeast-Division Champion 2011/12

#4 PanthersFanAlways

PanthersFanAlways

1st Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • LocationWhere All Are One

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:55 AM

What do you think of my staredown cat signature? Not meaning to best Catwoman or anything, I just thought that picture looked absolutely hilarious.

- Big Cat glares -
- Squirrel just minding his own business, "la-la-la la-la-l. .. !! "

TIME FOR THIS CAT TO POUNCE!

Posted Image

#5 GermanPanther

GermanPanther

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

@Escroft
That cat looks more apathetic then a starr down, but that is my opinion.

Other Question is Rinaldo playing today i mean, he could watch out for some trouble. is there are information for the line up. If Bergenheim already in the Team, Did Gudbranson are back and will play with Jovo??

#6 degarmo

degarmo

Perennial All-Star

• Members
  • 3,114 posts
  • LocationCoconut Grove

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:45 PM

I believe that squirrel is having a real OH $#!t moment.

#7 CMoran

CMoran

1st Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • LocationTamarac, Fl

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:06 PM

Woo 44s back!
Ah, a fellow chucker eh?

"We are the true believers!"

#8 CMoran

CMoran

1st Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • LocationTamarac, Fl

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:25 PM

Way to go Skille Ill take ur effort over someone skatonf through the motions any day!
Ah, a fellow chucker eh?

#9 GermanPanther

GermanPanther

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:51 PM

So far so good, know the Game begins. Everyone knows that Phili is a Team come late in the Games and there defensiv play today works against us. But good know one loose the Controll and make stupid plays.
I even didn´t saw the Penalty from Kuba, but sorry when you hear something about Kuba its a penalty that cost us a Goal. That is not so good.

For real i dont like the switch from versteeg and Mueller. explaining it later

#10 zmike1981z

zmike1981z

1st Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts
  • Locationsunrise, florida

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:36 PM

booooo,the zebras are out tonight.

#11 zmike1981z

zmike1981z

1st Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:36 PM

booooo,the zebras are out tonight.

#12 zmike1981z

zmike1981z

1st Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:17 PM

2-2 Weiss pp goal. I actually missed because I was watching the history channel, opps.

#13 zmike1981z

zmike1981z

1st Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:50 PM

how about them apples a shootout loose, first star goes to Jose Theodore, second star is jose Theodore, and 3rd star is Jose Theodore. I dont know how he kept some of those shots out but he found a way. The Flyers were swarming the last 10 minutes and OT.

Huberdeau is now 1 for 1 in the NHL, 20 for 21 so he says in the AHL.

#14 gstclairinc

gstclairinc

1st Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  • LocationCape Coral

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:51 PM

WOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!
How the F*** does that feel? Bryzgalov was in the friggin corner on that Huberdeau deke, LOL! And that Mueller shot- well.... WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#15 CMoran

CMoran

1st Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  • LocationTamarac, Fl

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:18 PM

I'm glad they got it done.
Ah, a fellow chucker eh?

#16 mperoni101

mperoni101

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,262 posts
  • LocationDelray Beach

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:22 AM

What an effort. This team is really playing a totally different game right now. The shots allowed are not as high either. Theodore rocked. That was a well deserved win. I think everyone just played a solid team game overall. They played as a unit. The worked hard to get the goals and that's what counts.

One point behind 8th seed Carolina. One game under .500. Build a winning pattern and this team is making the playoffs again.
Posted Image

#17 degarmo

degarmo

Perennial All-Star

• Members
  • 3,114 posts
  • LocationCoconut Grove

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:58 AM

Great win. Wowzers at the SO. **** good first two shots from Huberdeau and Mueller. Not understanding breaking up the first and second lines at all. Mueller/Shore/Huberdeau was doing wonderfully, and Versteeg/Weiss/Fleischman were also gelling again.

I guess Dineen had his reasons. We won, so I'll trust him.

#18 gstclairinc

gstclairinc

1st Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts
  • LocationCape Coral

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:06 AM

I didn't like that either, Degarmo. I thought both lines looked a little out of synch because of it. We'll see Saturday. Great win.

#19 CatWoman34

CatWoman34

Perennial All-Star

• Members
  • 3,725 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario, Canada

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:54 AM

Great win, and probably the best SO win I have seen from the Cats!!

Wow, so happy to have Mueller & Huby shooting for us...

And escroft - LOVE the cat :) All staredowns are good staredowns!!!
"Living is easy with eyes closed. Misunderstanding all you see." - The Beatles (Strawberry Fields Forever)

The artist formerly known as tmb_3410

#20 GermanPanther

GermanPanther

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:32 PM

First a nice win. I was hoping for one Point, but extra Points make it better.
It was a Match as we could await. It was a Physical Game from both Teams and from the lack of speed it was a Game with less Highlights.
But i must honor the Flyers with the art they was playing. To stand so solid in the Center ice that no one man rush was possible for us to get so easy on there Goal.
Only in the third period i saw a try to open the Ice by a second wave.

Yes and i agree with former Post here. I say it earlier i can´t understand the switch positons on Mueller and Versteeg. First both play a total different system of hockey and second the system both play fit more in there original lines. Versteeg is more a goal scorer who stand on his position and wait for the final pass or he try it with a breakaway. He doesn´t play the physical game to much. And he fit with Weiss and Fleischmann so much. Cause Weiss and Fleischmann are really good in create room and chances. And versteef as a shooter fits there perfect he can wait get in his position, know where puck will go and score. That could go like last Season.

And Mueller he is a young wild one would i say. He also fit the Huberdeau Shore line perfect. With Huberdeau you have a great pass player and creator. With Shore you have an additional passing player and checker and great center player. At least Mueller the shooter, he hunt every puck try to shoot and search for the right spot. And that with all the young Energy. This line was wonderful to watch and in the match yesterday Versteeg even match in the line. He doesn´t got the feeling where the puck should go and when it comes to passing. Versteeg doesn´t look to good sometimes.And with mueller in the line he know, how the other ones play, that can be a great chemistry for future if we wanna keep Mueller.

So i hope, we get back to regular lines against Washington.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Website Footer

Floridapanthers.com is the official Web site of the Florida Panthers. Florida Panthers and floridapanthers.com are trademarks of Sunrise Sports & Entertainment.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2010 Sunrise Sports & Entertainment and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.

Roster   |   Schedule   |   Recent news   |   Season Seat Plans   |   Pillar Partners   |   Corporate Sponsors

Contact Us  |   Privacy Policy  |   Usage Guidelines  |  NHL.com Terms of Use
  |  Site Map