SIGN IN or REGISTER
USERNAME or EMAIL
PASSWORD

FORGOT YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD?
In order to view this page you need JavaScript and Flash Player 9+ support!

Photo

PANTHERS @ SABRES

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
51 replies to this topic

#41 moose-1

moose-1

Perennial All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,682 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:34 PM

YES, Panthers win!!!!!
What is even sweeter, Washinton got beat today against Pens.
Nice come back from behind win.

#42 zmike1981z

zmike1981z

1st Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts
  • Locationsunrise, florida

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:37 PM

That still doesn't have anything to do with our 1st line not playing well this year thou.

having to play against a top line like buffalo has a lot to do with it. The first line isn't good enough to be a top line on most teams. If they played against the second line for buffalo and the Mueller line plays against Vanek, Pomminville, and Hodgees, I think they would look much worse then the Weiss line. the entire buffalo teams scoring was on line. the rest of the lines couldn't even get a shot off. Do they need to play better yes, but versteeg and weiss aren't 100% yet. I promise you having Shore, Huber, and Muller against that first line of Buffalo you would see a bad looking Muelle line. there would be no scoring and there would be very little defense.

FL wins two in a row. Winnipeg up next but at Winnipeg. The Jets will be well rested for this one. Good thing the panthers have a day off. I hope the Panthers come out strong against the jets and pick up where they left off. Hopefully Byfuglin will miss one more game.

#43 GermanPanther

GermanPanther

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts
  • Locationmunich, Germany

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:40 PM

And another big comeback Win, we get more nd more like philli. But as we could await, the intese play against Montreal away and the short break from next home Game, are giving the advance for Florida in the end. That was the best thing we could work on. First that we can fight Back, and we can win more then one Game.

Very important thing, stop play mis plays on the own side, the 2:1. My god how you can play a puck to this player, in the middle of the ice. That is the first thing you learn as a Defender dont make this kind of plays, to reduce the chance of turn overs.

My personal best scene on this Game, was the Weiss pass to Parros 2:3. By the Side i like oldschool play and was nice to see stuart vs parros.

Southeast-Division Champion 2011/12

#44 PanthersFanAlways

PanthersFanAlways

1st Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • LocationWhere All Are One

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:02 PM

A great win from behind, but what is going on with Theodore? He looks like a goalie that is playing with shaken confidence. Come on, man! Get a grip, play the game, get back to basics! Two of those goals could have been avoided. Get better, Theodore! The team is beginning to support you with goals! The least you can do is keep a couple out. Thank you!

TIME FOR THIS CAT TO POUNCE!

Posted Image

#45 mperoni101

mperoni101

Perennial All-Star

• Members
  • 2,528 posts
  • LocationDelray Beach

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:36 PM

This is what happens when your key players come back and play well. DEPTH! Good for Parros today. He needed a wake up call. Had his kind of game. A fight, a goal, and good hockey.

Weiss looked great. Shore is also looking very sharp out there. This is good. Defense needs to be better, but a two game winning streak is a good start. Excellent road win. This is what happens when you don't give up when down 3-1. You keep going and you get a very good chance to not only tie, but win.

We are now just two points behind 8th seed. Keep it up guys. Form a winning pattern.
Posted Image

#46 moose-1

moose-1

Perennial All-Star

• Members
  • 4,682 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:12 PM

having to play against a top line like buffalo has a lot to do with it. The first line isn't good enough to be a top line on most teams. If they played against the second line for buffalo and the Mueller line plays against Vanek, Pomminville, and Hodgees, I think they would look much worse then the Weiss line. the entire buffalo teams scoring was on line. the rest of the lines couldn't even get a shot off. Do they need to play better yes, but versteeg and weiss aren't 100% yet. I promise you having Shore, Huber, and Muller against that first line of Buffalo you would see a bad looking Muelle line. there would be no scoring and there would be very little defense.

FL wins two in a row. Winnipeg up next but at Winnipeg. The Jets will be well rested for this one. Good thing the panthers have a day off. I hope the Panthers come out strong against the jets and pick up where they left off. Hopefully Byfuglin will miss one more game.

1st line has played poor all year, yes I know injuries! What I'm saying is our 2nd line is better. Reason being, they are better then the others teams 2nd line most of the time.
It has nothing to do with the 2nd line being against the other teams 1st line at all.

I'm talking,
1st line against other teams 1st line
2nd line against other teams 2nd line
3rd line against other teams 3rd line
4th line against other teams 4th line.

#47 degarmo

degarmo

Perennial All-Star

• Members
  • 3,144 posts
  • LocationCoconut Grove

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:12 AM

Good comeback win, showed some grit. Too many soft goals lately, but we overcame and won, so that's huge.

#48 gstclairinc

gstclairinc

1st Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts
  • LocationCape Coral

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:31 PM

Gutsy win. Our 1st line will look better I'm sure by the end of this road trip. They haven't been together all year, and then to go against the Vanek line, well....
Thinking that Shore stays up here all season, and plays with Mueller and Huberdeau? Or do they send Shore back down and put Kovalev back on the 2nd? Hmmm...
Winnipeg tomorrow is definately winnable, and would be HUGE for us right now. Definately looking better, and again, in another week when fully healthy, should be able to fight our way back up the standings.
GO CATS!

#49 degarmo

degarmo

Perennial All-Star

• Members
  • 3,144 posts
  • LocationCoconut Grove

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:30 PM

I wouldn't break up Shore, Huberdeau and Mueller for anything. That line works and produces. We need all the production we can get every game. If that line turns into a regular scoring line, then we've got something going here.

#50 GermanPanther

GermanPanther

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,237 posts
  • Locationmunich, Germany

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:08 PM

1st line has played poor all year, yes I know injuries! What I'm saying is our 2nd line is better. Reason being, they are better then the others teams 2nd line most of the time.
It has nothing to do with the 2nd line being against the other teams 1st line at all.

I'm talking,
1st line against other teams 1st line
2nd line against other teams 2nd line
3rd line against other teams 3rd line
4th line against other teams 4th line.

This line against line rule is too old. When you want to win and play with strategy you switch line.
But this kind of strategy only works as away team not for Home teams and it also matter about Body Size.
Very Popular is when you have heavy Guys. Let play a Checking line against a scoring line.
That you can see a few times in a Game, its all bout make them tired and let them feel frustrated.
I dont think that our 2nd line will be a good match against other 1st line. As an Example, when our 2nd would play against San Jose 1st line. There dont have the same skill. bodysize and expierence, by know. I think other 1st lines are would be the same, as Phili, Pens, Rangers and and and.
Special Huberdeau would be play against guys like Hartnell, Simmons, Thorton, Nash alone the Bodysize is absolut different.

Southeast-Division Champion 2011/12

#51 CatWoman34

CatWoman34

Perennial All-Star

• Members
  • 3,725 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario, Canada

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:39 PM

I watched this one on my PVR last night (haha I didn't watch a lick of the Super Bowl).

What a comeback!! I really think they gelled yesterday. Their D play was incredible, at one point the Sabres had zero shots (I think it was the start of the third). Great work!

They also converted on the PP!!!

And it seems their old ways of dominatng in the faceoff circle are back again this year.

Very happy, hard to complain when they claw their way into the W column.
"Living is easy with eyes closed. Misunderstanding all you see." - The Beatles (Strawberry Fields Forever)

The artist formerly known as tmb_3410

#52 moose-1

moose-1

Perennial All-Star

• Members
  • 4,682 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:05 PM

This line against line rule is too old. When you want to win and play with strategy you switch line.
But this kind of strategy only works as away team not for Home teams and it also matter about Body Size.
Very Popular is when you have heavy Guys. Let play a Checking line against a scoring line.
That you can see a few times in a Game, its all bout make them tired and let them feel frustrated.
I dont think that our 2nd line will be a good match against other 1st line. As an Example, when our 2nd would play against San Jose 1st line. There dont have the same skill. bodysize and expierence, by know. I think other 1st lines are would be the same, as Phili, Pens, Rangers and and and.
Special Huberdeau would be play against guys like Hartnell, Simmons, Thorton, Nash alone the Bodysize is absolut different.

Bottom line, all I'm saying is I like our 2nd line best because it is the line that is getting it done. 1st line has not. It has nothing to do with 1st line vs 2nd line etc.
I know the lines get switched during the games.
It's just that our 2nd line seems to get more done during a game then any other line we
have, no matter who the other teams throw at us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Website Footer

Floridapanthers.com is the official Web site of the Florida Panthers. Florida Panthers and floridapanthers.com are trademarks of Sunrise Sports & Entertainment.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2010 Sunrise Sports & Entertainment and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.

Roster   |   Schedule   |   Recent news   |   Season Seat Plans   |   Pillar Partners   |   Corporate Sponsors

Contact Us  |   Privacy Policy  |   Usage Guidelines  |  NHL.com Terms of Use
  |  Site Map