SIGN IN or REGISTER
USERNAME or EMAIL
PASSWORD

FORGOT YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD?
In order to view this page you need JavaScript and Flash Player 9+ support!

Photo

Markstrom

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 moose-1

moose-1

Perennial All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,682 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:41 PM

At what point this year does Markstrom get his shot with the Panthers.
Panthers are struggling as is Theodore. The more the Panthers struggles
the more Theodore has to be on his game. As of late he has let in so
easy goals.
At some point you have to give Markstrom his chance. He either makes it
or he doesn't. If he does that's good, if not then we need to do something.

#2 GermanPanther

GermanPanther

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts
  • Locationmunich, Germany

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

At what point this year does Markstrom get his shot with the Panthers.
Panthers are struggling as is Theodore. The more the Panthers struggles
the more Theodore has to be on his game. As of late he has let in so
easy goals.
At some point you have to give Markstrom his chance. He either makes it
or he doesn't. If he does that's good, if not then we need to do something.

Sorry i dont like it. I must ask you this befor i can answer your post really. Did you see all matches from Markstrom in the AHL???? Then i will do this so. In the Lockout i follow any San Antonio Game. And i really can say, from reaction and saves and movement Markstrom is really NHL ready. But what Markstrom can´t handle since Game 1, is rebound controll. And he is really an up and down guy. after a shutout, the Game next Day he let 4 in. This was always the same Picture by Markstrom.

Southeast-Division Champion 2011/12

#3 moose-1

moose-1

Perennial All-Star

• Members
  • 4,682 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:37 PM

Sorry i dont like it. I must ask you this befor i can answer your post really. Did you see all matches from Markstrom in the AHL???? Then i will do this so. In the Lockout i follow any San Antonio Game. And i really can say, from reaction and saves and movement Markstrom is really NHL ready. But what Markstrom can´t handle since Game 1, is rebound controll. And he is really an up and down guy. after a shutout, the Game next Day he let 4 in. This was always the same Picture by Markstrom.

I realize that. What I mean is if the Panthers keep losing then what can it hurt
to let Markstrom come up here and learn as he gets NHL exp. That's all I'm saying.
I know he still has work to do.

#4 GermanPanther

GermanPanther

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts
  • Locationmunich, Germany

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:47 PM

I realize that. What I mean is if the Panthers keep losing then what can it hurt
to let Markstrom come up here and learn as he gets NHL exp. That's all I'm saying.
I know he still has work to do.

Its hard to predict, lets wait to the end of this Season and lets see how Theodore play in the other Games. Cause in my Eyes Theo will play more then 75% of all Games and Clemmensen has loose of Quality, so when Markstrom really comes up then for Clemmensen.
Why i say wait till end of Season, is the contract situation. That Theodores and Markstrom contract run out this season. And then i agree with you its time for him, no matter what next Season for Panthers or he will be traded there is no other opinion in my Mind.

Southeast-Division Champion 2011/12

#5 panthersrock1987

panthersrock1987

4th Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • LocationOKC (sadly)

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:52 PM

I think Dale and the rest of the FO is in a wait and see approach in terms of what to do Theodore, Markstrom, and Clemmensen. In the past 2 games Theodore hasn't played the best but the team has been getting healthier (Goc, Versteeg, and Weiss back) and that has allowed them to score more. But to tell you the truth I think every GM in the league with the exception of San Jose, Montreal, and Ottawa's GMs is going what are we going to do about our defense and goal tending.

#6 mperoni101

mperoni101

Perennial All-Star

• Members
  • 2,615 posts
  • LocationDelray Beach

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:32 PM

Theodore has allowed some soft goals, but has also made some amazing saves, game winning saves.... game changing saves, as he did today against Buffalo.

Markstrom is not hurting in the minors. We are all eager to see him start at the NHL level, but gotta go with what works and Theodore has made good things happen. Clemmensen will need to wake the heck up though. Hopefully no injuries, but knowing Theodore it is possible, and that would give Markstrom a chance.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Website Footer

Floridapanthers.com is the official Web site of the Florida Panthers. Florida Panthers and floridapanthers.com are trademarks of Sunrise Sports & Entertainment.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2010 Sunrise Sports & Entertainment and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.

Roster   |   Schedule   |   Recent news   |   Season Seat Plans   |   Pillar Partners   |   Corporate Sponsors

Contact Us  |   Privacy Policy  |   Usage Guidelines  |  NHL.com Terms of Use
  |  Site Map