SIGN IN or REGISTER
USERNAME or EMAIL
PASSWORD

FORGOT YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD?
In order to view this page you need JavaScript and Flash Player 9+ support!

Photo

Panthers v. Lightning

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
51 replies to this topic

#1 degarmo

degarmo

Perennial All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,159 posts
  • LocationCoconut Grove

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

Well, time to see if we can get this thing jump started. The Lightning are playing very good hockey and have some real scoring talent on their team. The Panthers are coming off of four losses in a row, some pretty poor effort and are desperate to get a win. They'll have to overcome a pretty good team in order to get the points, but it's a division game, and in this shortened season, these are huge games.

So without further ado, I give you:

Posted Image

Versus

Posted Image

#2 Russian_fan-1

Russian_fan-1

1st Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:59 PM

No light bulbs for Tampa! :rolleyes:

#3 toecutter

toecutter

Caprican

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,979 posts
  • LocationRumson NJ USA

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:39 PM

We're at a Rail road Crossing right? we're in a tractor trailer right? Both Gates have come down and right on top of us as we sit, help-lessly right over the tracks and, here comes the Lightning Freight train.

Bearing down on us...Sigh!

:(

Go panthers.... :unsure:
PROUD DAD OF A, 0331 with the, 122nd-USMC

#4 zmike1981z

zmike1981z

1st Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Locationsunrise, florida

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

according to my news and notes from another website, Versteeg is going to be making his season debut. Weiss is still not ready because he didn't skate in today's practice.

So the "top" line will be Versteeg Kopecky and Fleischman? I have no idea were they got it from but with all the line shuffling it might be there somewhere in Tuesday's game.

I would really like to have Weiss, Verteeg, an Fleisch ready to go a the same time. Maybe just maybe they can get something going and guys that are playing too high up in the lines can fall back where they belong and play better against other teams 3rd and 4rth lines instead of the 1st and 2nd units.

So hopefully this is our last game that we get destroyed in and the injuries start clearing up...hopefully.

Does goes Campbell, Down goes Campbell, he got sand in his Vajayjay.

#5 GermanPanther

GermanPanther

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts
  • Locationmunich, Germany

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

For real Kopecky in our first line as center. A Shorthanded, Checker line Player on our top line. Then it make more sense to bring up shore again and put him in the first line. I dont believe there is more understanding by the three as with Shore. I know Tallon want that young players have there time. But i saw a smile on Shore Face while he was wearing the Florida jersey.
The only hope i have that Tampa got so many new Defensiv players but still get more then two goals most of games. But we are the worst in scoring goals.
Hope never die, i still believe.
For real i dont know what happens if our rival score more then 5 goals, that will the baddest Day for the Panthers.

Southeast-Division Champion 2011/12

#6 zmike1981z

zmike1981z

1st Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Locationsunrise, florida

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

since the other thread was locked, previous quote,

1.You do know that Campbell never has been the physical player. That's not his game.

2.Why do we need to trade for Lou? We have Markstrom in the wing. I say bring him up and let him run with it. He either makes it or we find out he can't.

3.We don't know for sure. Maybe Weiss didn't want the C. Maybe they gave it to Jovo because he will not be here for long, and we really want to give it to Huberdeau. When he is ready for it in a year to two.

4.We can't score right now becaue we still have most of our scorers out of the line up.

1, Yes I know and thats why he gets boo'ed in all the places he used to play for, I remember not being physical for San Jose and Buffalo. Chicago had so much d they could afford to move him for nothing. His lack of physical play is what makes him worthless. It cancels out his ability to skate and pass. Too many times you will see him backing away from a check or not protecting the net and watch how many times that turns into a goal. Chasing down loose pucks, battling for pucks on the boards, battles in front of the net, this is what a dman should be first, and scoring second. This team should not be relying on him to carry the load, that is what forwards are for. He should be a compliment not a main go to guy. I don't care if he gets us 300 goals if gives up 400.

2. The panthers don't need to trade for him but during the off season sports writers kept trying to put him in FL. It makes no sense for him to come here just because he doesn't want to fail in Toronto. Nothing against him but he can't score goals and well, Vancouver is in trouble because Schneider is playing like an over paid back up goalie which is what he is.

3. If you don't expect Jovo to be around for a long time, why not give it to someone you do expect to be here in awhile. If Weiss is your guy, he will be miles ahead of Hubedeau every year. He isn't even ready to be in the NHL right now but because of injuries he can't be sent back down, also lack of good veterans. The bottom line is, When Weiss was drafted he came along with a bunch of guys that are no longer here. They all wanted out but yet he always said he wanted to finish what he started here. Horton, Husselius, Luongo, Hagman, Bouwmester, Frolik(he just sucked here), Repik, and many others not even worth mentioning. Weiss is still here, Weiss is still our best all around player. Weiss should be the captain. Jovo is not the correct choice but he should def be an A. Jovo was not the won that brought the Panthers back in game 7. I promise you if Weiss played on a real team with a real system and had talent around him, he would be an All Star every year without a doubt. He makes guys better. Proof, versteeg was average before he got here and actually on a downturn. Fleishmen was a maybe he can maybe he can't. He was not a leader on Washington and was not a top line player there. Now with Weiss out Fleischman is doing nothing, and did nothing last year in the playoffs once he got kicked off the line. Jovo does not make anyone better. He is too slow and too old right now. He was a physical player but he can't get to anyone to hit them anymore. He still shows some signs of life during the end of a game but we need a full 60 minutes a night to win, not 5 minutes of panic.

4. We can't score with those guys in the line up. Last year out top line had most of the Panthers points. That top line was all in the 60 point area. Look at most other teams top lines and how many more players they had with more points then those 3 guys. Then there is a huge drop off. It doesn't matter that these guys are out, they cant score with or without them. What they are missing is being able to contain the other team. Trapping them, forcing turn overs, getting down the ice with speed, and capitalizing on those mistakes. Right now the guys out there can't cause turnovers they can only make them. With those guys back the panthers have to win 3-2 or 2-1. Or in last years case, loose in OT and shootouts 20 games in a row. Even when these guys return don't expect fireworks, don't even expect sparklers, just hope for the playing field to be even enough for them to have a chance to win.

I am fighting or trying to tell anyone off, just elaborating on my stupidity.

I should go back and list more useless guys that have been here during the time Weiss played here. I did like Juri Kolnik even though no one else did including the rest of the NHL because he is long gone. Ha, we should name a sucky panther...have a few laughs, Bednar(bednarsh or something)

#7 Punch_Imlach

Punch_Imlach

Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

(on Campbell)

1, Yes I know and thats why he gets boo'ed in all the places he used to play for, I remember not being physical for San Jose and Buffalo. Chicago had so much d they could afford to move him for nothing. His lack of physical play is what makes him worthless. It cancels out his ability to skate and pass. Too many times you will see him backing away from a check or not protecting the net and watch how many times that turns into a goal. Chasing down loose pucks, battling for pucks on the boards, battles in front of the net, this is what a dman should be first, and scoring second. This team should not be relying on him to carry the load, that is what forwards are for. He should be a compliment not a main go to guy. I don't care if he gets us 300 goals if gives up 400.

Chicago needed to trade him because they were going to be well over the cap (nice job Dale Tallon) and his play didn't justify his contract. If they boo him in San Jose, it's because he signed with Chicago instead. If they boo him in Buffalo, it's because he refused to sign a reasonable contract there and they had to trade him or lose him as a UFA.

None of that is because he doesn't play a physical brand of hockey. He doesn't throw a lot of checks, but he sure does block a lot of shots. Which is more valuable? I'd say blocked shots.

#8 Pantherpaw

Pantherpaw

The Sentinel

• Members
  • 2,766 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 08:56 AM

A little off-topic but, my 6 year old daughter has a crush on George Parros, and I was wondering if anyone knew how I could possibly get an autographed photo for her.
Also, I am in North Florida and going to a game is thus not feasible.
Thanks in advance.

#9 mperoni101

mperoni101

Perennial All-Star

• Members
  • 2,563 posts
  • LocationDelray Beach

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:34 AM

I'm not sure 'paw. Maybe if you e-mail the team asking for it there is a way it can be done?

--------

Game Plan:

Be menacing. Be pests. The Panthers need to skate hard and fast in Tampa's zone. Tampa has good D, but not very skilled either in terms of skating.

Versteeg should be helpful on the PP.

Just give it your best, guys. I know it's tough right now. Injuries are tiring you out. But...give it your best, make Tampa earn their win, don't give the game away easily.
Posted Image

#10 tomuchjones

tomuchjones

Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:23 PM

I'm not sure 'paw. Maybe if you e-mail the team asking for it there is a way it can be done?

--------

Game Plan:

Be menacing. Be pests. The Panthers need to skate hard and fast in Tampa's zone. Tampa has good D, but not very skilled either in terms of skating.

Just give it your best, guys. I know it's tough right now. Injuries are tiring you out. But...give it your best, make Tampa earn their win, don't give the game away easily.

I agree i just want to see a good game with real panther hockey. I just want to see our team battle with emotion and the hunger to win, espiecaly against Tampa!

GO CATS GO 

2015 Stanley Cup Champions 

giphy.gif

#11 tomuchjones

tomuchjones

Prospect

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

--------

Game Plan:

I agree i just want to see a good game with real panther hockey. I just want to see our team battle with emotion and the hunger to win, espiecaly against Tampa!

GO CATS GO 

2015 Stanley Cup Champions 

giphy.gif

#12 GermanPanther

GermanPanther

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,415 posts
  • Locationmunich, Germany

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

You People was right, they send Shore back only for the Ahl Allstar Game. Today annoucement on the Rampage page Tallon already call Shore back to Florida. I hope he can help i mean he has a not so serious Game after him. I watch the allstar game and it was only nice to watch, as allstart game is. But on the other Side he could be tired from travelling i mean, He fly over there, play his game, give some interview and yesterday or today early he fly back. I hope he is not tired.

But good to here that one of our best come back against Tampa. The first Rival Match for Shore, i hope he has his fun in that. I hope he doesn´t become so much welcome presents from Tampa.

Southeast-Division Champion 2011/12

#13 channan

channan

1st Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts
  • LocationDenver CO

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:05 PM

A little off-topic but, my 6 year old daughter has a crush on George Parros, and I was wondering if anyone knew how I could possibly get an autographed photo for her.
Also, I am in North Florida and going to a game is thus not feasible.
Thanks in advance.

About six years ago I bought a poster tube from office depot and mailed a Panthers Inaugural Season Opening Night Poster to the Pittsburgh Penguins Organization. Inside I put a note saying that I was looking to get an autograph from Mario Lemieux to go with My Brian Skrudland Autograph. I wanted both team captains on it. I did it in faith not knowing if I'd ever see it again and in about a month it was returned to me with Mario's autograph on it.

It might work if you send the Panthers a picture of Parros and a letter explaining who it's for.

BTW, I almost forgot to tell you to add a little cash for the return postage.
DUCHENE SCORES!!!

#14 channan

channan

1st Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts
  • LocationDenver CO

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

You People was right, they send Shore back only for the Ahl Allstar Game. Today annoucement on the Rampage page Tallon already call Shore back to Florida. I hope he can help i mean he has a not so serious Game after him. I watch the allstar game and it was only nice to watch, as allstart game is. But on the other Side he could be tired from travelling i mean, He fly over there, play his game, give some interview and yesterday or today early he fly back. I hope he is not tired.

But good to here that one of our best come back against Tampa. The first Rival Match for Shore, i hope he has his fun in that. I hope he doesn´t become so much welcome presents from Tampa.

Shore looks NHL ready. I watched him play so many times for the Pioneers. He's a good player.
DUCHENE SCORES!!!

#15 channan

channan

1st Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts
  • LocationDenver CO

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:10 PM

I just wanted to say that I think Brian Campbell is the best player that the Panthers have. There's not even anybody close to his talent level on this roster. Just my opinion.
DUCHENE SCORES!!!

#16 moose-1

moose-1

Perennial All-Star

• Members
  • 4,682 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

These threads are depressing. Everyone only wants to talk about
the bad. We still have a bunch of guys out of the line up!!
Positive people positive, that's the way we think on this message
board.
You play the games, because any team can beat another team any given night.
For us to have a chance, Theodore must be in net.
If Versteeg does play he just might give us the spark that we need right
right now.
Go Panthers!!!!!!!!

#17 ebulldog

ebulldog

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,312 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:55 PM

These threads are depressing. Everyone only wants to talk about
the bad. We still have a bunch of guys out of the line up!!
Positive people positive, that's the way we think on this message
board.
You play the games, because any team can beat another team any given night.
For us to have a chance, Theodore must be in net.
If Versteeg does play he just might give us the spark that we need right
right now.
Go Panthers!!!!!!!!

We all would love to be praising the team, but their play is dictating what everyone on this board is talking about.
With the effort that has been put on the ice in the last 4 games its kind of hard to find anything positive. I hate
having the feeling that every game will be a loss, but that's based on what I see and tonight's game could be really ugly with the way Tampa is playing and the Panthers are not!!

#18 degarmo

degarmo

Perennial All-Star

• Members
  • 3,159 posts
  • LocationCoconut Grove

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

I think we win tonight. I think Dineen will get these guys' heads straight and we have a big rebound win.

#19 CatWoman34

CatWoman34

Perennial All-Star

• Members
  • 3,725 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario, Canada

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:03 PM

TIME TO BRING OUT THE BIG GUNS!!!

WE NEED A VICTORY!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

LET'S GO PANTHERS!!!

... for the newcomers, these images are some long standing "lucky" charms....
"Living is easy with eyes closed. Misunderstanding all you see." - The Beatles (Strawberry Fields Forever)

The artist formerly known as tmb_3410

#20 gndeadst73

gndeadst73

2nd Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  • LocationDetroit, MI

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

The thing about a team is you have to have many different pieces. Campbell is a power play quarter back. Kulikuv is the guy that jumps into the play. The rest are stay at home defense men. We miss having garrison and his shot, and missing grubandson physical presence. Jovo is nowhere what he used to be, but he is more of a calculating defensemen.
I would make a line with Matthias, Hubeie, shore, toss in jovo and campbell. That would work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Website Footer

Floridapanthers.com is the official Web site of the Florida Panthers. Florida Panthers and floridapanthers.com are trademarks of Sunrise Sports & Entertainment.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2010 Sunrise Sports & Entertainment and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.

Roster   |   Schedule   |   Recent news   |   Season Seat Plans   |   Pillar Partners   |   Corporate Sponsors

Contact Us  |   Privacy Policy  |   Usage Guidelines  |  NHL.com Terms of Use
  |  Site Map