SIGN IN or REGISTER
USERNAME or EMAIL
PASSWORD

FORGOT YOUR USERNAME OR PASSWORD?
In order to view this page you need JavaScript and Flash Player 9+ support!

Photo

All Thing's Weiss!

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#81 mperoni101

mperoni101

Perennial All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,615 posts
  • LocationDelray Beach

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:24 AM

Weiss really looks lost playing with the Detroit Red Wings in the pre-season so far.
He just might of made a bad move on his part. I hope not , I really liked him as a
player who played for the Panthers.

I wouldn't worry about it too much for Detroit. He has played what...10 years or so with the Panthers. It will take time to adjust and learn his new teammates, new coach, new system....he has more pressure now and he will have to find his comfort zone. 

He'll be fine.

Posted Image

#82 zmike1981z

zmike1981z

1st Liner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts
  • Locationsunrise, florida

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:44 PM

well looks like weiss is a few more games away from returning.

I hope his season turns around, or totally falls apart and the wings want to get rid of him.  We can steal him back.

I still believe this was the captain of the team and the ownership and coach's didnt want that to happen.  Honestly having Weiss out there on this team would look very nice.  Even if he is on the fourth line. 

#83 CMoran

CMoran

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • LocationTamarac, Fl

Posted 28 January 2014 - 08:33 PM

Only if they'd keep the some of that salary.
Ah, a fellow chucker eh?

"We are the true believers!"

#84 degarmo

degarmo

Perennial All-Star

• Members
  • 3,254 posts
  • LocationCoconut Grove

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:41 AM

I'm sure Fleischmann would enjoy Weiss coming back.

#85 mperoni101

mperoni101

Perennial All-Star

• Members
  • 2,615 posts
  • LocationDelray Beach

Posted 01 February 2014 - 12:19 AM

Naaa, i wouldn't take Weiss back. And Detroit has more important issues to deal with than looking to trade Weiss. If anything, the Wings might want their player back in Fleischmann and pair him with Weiss. 

Posted Image

#86 CMoran

CMoran

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts
  • LocationTamarac, Fl

Posted 01 February 2014 - 09:38 AM

Hmm... But who do they have that we would wantwant and could realistically attain for Flash?
Ah, a fellow chucker eh?

"We are the true believers!"

#87 mperoni101

mperoni101

Perennial All-Star

• Members
  • 2,615 posts
  • LocationDelray Beach

Posted 02 February 2014 - 12:31 AM

Well… i'd look at Mrazek. The Wings locked up Howard for the long run and this guy will need to find a chance to play. I understand that we have Markstrom in the minors, but this youngster showed a lot of quality. The Wings will need cap relief, so...

Fleischmann

Gilbert

2nd

Quincey

Eaves

Mrazek

The Wings get a player that they are already familiar with, since they drafted him. They get a winger who is skilled and would fit in with the likes of Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and find himself well with Weiss whenever he comes back. He also has one more year on his contract at a price that is reasonable. 

They get Gilbert who is helpful offensively, can play minutes and his cap hit is ridiculously low for the value that he gives. 

And, they get a 2nd rounder. 

In return, the Panthers get Quincey for cap reasons, but also worth taking a look at as he is a pretty good vet player that could be re-signed for cheap.

Eaves is also a throw-in player, for depth, and will have a chance to prove himself worthy of playing in this league.

And Mrazek is the real target. I think this guy may be the real deal and if he proves himself then we have a young goalie, we have competition on Markstrom, and we'll have the flexibility of trading Markstrom if Mrazek beats him to it.

Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (2)
Website Footer

Floridapanthers.com is the official Web site of the Florida Panthers. Florida Panthers and floridapanthers.com are trademarks of Sunrise Sports & Entertainment.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2010 Sunrise Sports & Entertainment and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.

Roster   |   Schedule   |   Recent news   |   Season Seat Plans   |   Pillar Partners   |   Corporate Sponsors

Contact Us  |   Privacy Policy  |   Usage Guidelines  |  NHL.com Terms of Use
  |  Site Map